Dust Collector Reviewer presents the Grizzly Dust Collector. This Grizzly dust collector is one of the most sought after brands / models of dust collectors on the market today. The Grizzly dust collector features a cyclonic action for separating heavy dust particles from very fine particles. The dust collection system then drops all the particles into a 35-gallon steel drum.
Inside the steel drum, the dust particles will go past the 14.5 inch diameter impeller and into the spun-bond cartridge filter. This filter is noted to have the ability to filter up to 99.9% of particles; even those that range from 0.2 – 2 microns in size. This cartridge filter is also pleated in order to provide about 86 sq. ft. of surface area. At this large space, users can expect efficient air movement.
For easy collection and disposal, the Grizzly dust collector comes with a clear plastic bag where all of the fine cake is collected. With the casters mounted on the drum, larger chips and dust can also be disposed of easily.
This dust collector also has a very powerful TEFC Class F vertical motor that guarantees reduced vibration. It also has a magnetic switch, a thick-walled 11-gauge steel blower housing and a 16-gauge steel cyclone body. You can also connect its 360 degree rotation blower to a duct system. The Grizzly G0440 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector also comes with optional legs as well as a support frame for easy and quick set up.
Grizzly Dust Collector Features and Specifications
- The Grizzly 2HP cyclone dust collector features a cyclonic action that allows it to separate heavy dust particles from very fine particles.
- It has a large, sturdy 35-gallon steel drum where all the dust particles are collected before being forced into the 14.5 inch diameter impeller and into the spun-bond cartridge filter.
- Its very efficient spun-bond cartridge can filter up to 99.9% of particles; ranging from 0.2 – 2 microns in size. It is also pleated to offer 86 sq. ft. of surface area – giving the Grizzly dust collector the ability to provide efficient air movement.
- The Grizzly G0440 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector stores all the fine cake and dust inside a clear plastic bag for easy disposal.
- The mounted casters on the drum also enable easy disposal of larger chips and dust.
- The Grizzly 2HP cyclone dust collector has a TEFC Class F vertical motor that can reduce vibration.
- It is also built to last with its thick-walled 11-gauge steel blower housing and a 16-gauge steel cyclone body.
- It has a 360 degree rotation blower that can be easily connected to a duct system.
- The Grizzly G0440 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector is boxed with optional legs as well as a support frame to ensure easy & quick set up.
Grizzly Dust Collector Reviewer and Ratings
Reading through various customer reviews for the Grizzly dust collector, users seem to have mixed feelings about this dust collection system. Though there are users who feel contented that it can suck up all the dust particles in their workshop, there are those who had experienced problems using it. Most users were happy with the ordering and shipping procedures but had problems during set up. There was one user who complained of having an incorrect number of fasteners, receiving a different type of bolt and getting mounting hasps that still needed to be re-drilled. Despite these problems with the set up, many users felt that the machine initially performed as advertised. However, after some time, there were users who noticed leaking dust and rupturing bags but after calling customer service, their systems were upgraded right away. Then again, after several months of use, there was one user who mentioned that his unit developed bad vibration. The good thing about the case of this dust collector is that its warranty still covered the defective part of his dust collection system.
Overall, the Grizzly 2HP cyclone dust collector seems like a good dust collection system as it can perform as advertised and sometimes it even exceeds expectations. Though there were users who encountered flaws or defects on some parts of the machine and there were users who had a hard time setting it up, the customer service department of Grizzly did an excellent job in replacing the parts and helping users with the set up. This is something to commend Grizzly about. Amidst the above-mentioned problems, the Grizzly G0440 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector still gets very high star ratings on most of its customer reviews. With the very affordable price, this Grizzly dust collector could be better but it is still worth considering.
You may like these Dust Collectors too: